- December recorded the best same store sales in three years at 3.1%
- The fourth quarter registered the best same-store sales results reported in six years of Black Box Intelligence tracking at 2.5%
- Aggregate growth of 0.8 percent for 2014 vs. -0.1 percent posted in 2013 by the industry
- Excluding this first quarter, same-store sales grew at an average 1.3 percent during the rest of the year
- Traffic grew by 0.6 percent during December, the best month for the industry since February 2012
- The increases in same-store traffic mirror the jumps in same-store sales, meaning that it was a true improvement in sales fueled by attracting more guests into restaurants, and not just the effect of rising prices
- The improvement in sales has been widespread across the country with all 11 regions posting positive same-store sales during the fourth quarter, which has not happened in any other quarter over the last three years
Read the full article here. Hopefully this is a sign of good things to come in 2015. Only time will tell for sure.