Do you know what a Food Safety and Ops Management platform is? It is a platform that your field teams use to run the restaurants from a daily operations and food safety perspective. These platforms are relatively new, we have been around 5 years, so they don’t have as much name recognition as some of the other restaurant management apps.
With scheduling, training, inventory, POS software; you would instantly know what those software programs do and you would have at least seen one or more them in one of the restaurants you have worked at.
With Food Safety and Ops Management software you aren’t really sure what that means. Please allow me to explain how our software will help make it easier to run your restaurants and I will try to present some common use cases as well to punctuate my points.
Let’s start with Food Safety as that is the brand killer.
Our clients are using our platform every shift in every restaurant to ensure that the basic food safety checks are getting completed. That means:
- Temping hot and cold hold food on the line
- Cooling Logs
- Refrigeration Checks
- Reheat Logs
- Sanitizer PPM concentration checks
- Dishwasher Rinse/PPM checks
- No Cross Contamination
- Proper Cooler storage
With OpsAnalitica we go beyond just recording temps and logging readings. We are a real-time training and remediation platform.
Use Case: Your team member identifies a cold hold item that is temping at 50 degrees.
- The platform is going to bring that high temperature to the team members attention immediately.
- We are going to guide your employee through creating an ice bath and quick chilling the product.
- This could include detailed instructions or a link to a video that shows you how to prepare a proper ice bath.
- This process will end with the employee taking a photograph of the food quick chilling and taking another temperature reading to ensure that the food is at the proper temperature.
- All these steps are documented so you can prove that you took the proper steps and got the food to a safe temperature or discarded it.
Now your most senior and junior employee are guided through the proper steps to fix the issue and you are documenting that you took the correct actions.
The same is true for restaurant operations management. Every restaurant organizes itself around meal periods. Each meal period requires each employee to do the necessary set-up tasks for their position. Any missed item could result in an angry guest or loss of speed which impacts revenue and profits.
All of these set-up steps are important, they are like individual LEGO bricks and if one is missing your shift readiness suffers. With the OpsAnalitica Platform we create sheet to shelf dynamic checklists that conform to each location. We ensure that your teammates aren’t wasting time deciding what to answer or if it’s important and we have them focus on getting their set-up tasks completed efficiently.
Similarly to our Food Safety Checks, we can provide real-time task remediation and training to employees so that when they identify something is wrong they can also have all the information they need to fix the issue on the spot.
Use Case: Beverage station is not set-up prior to opening.
- Cashier is executing a FOH readiness checklist and identifies that someone forgot to set-up the beverage station.
- The Platform immediately identifies the issue to the team member.
- The platform provides a list of tasks that need to be accomplished to set-up the beverage station.
- This list of items comes equipped with pars for Iced Tea, Lemons, etc. and pictures of how the beverage station should be set-up.
- This employee is empowered to fix the issue in real-time before it affects guests and sales.
We’ve said this a ton of times, running restaurants is hard but not complicated. Every task of running a restaurant is generally simple by itself. What makes running restaurants hard is the sheer amount of small individual tasks that goes into every part of setting-up and running a restaurant shift.
There is too much nuance and too many little things to remember to rely on a sheet of paper posted on the wall or the memory of a senior employee. There are too many details to use an inferior app that is unable to dynamically customize checklists to each location.
At the end of the day, the OpsAnalitica Food Safety and Ops Management Platform is here to help your teams keep track of the literally 1000’s of set-up tasks that need to be accomplished each shift in every location.
We are here to highlight the good that your team members do every day so that you can praise them and raise morale. When they identify an issue we want to help them solve it in real-time so that guest satisfaction isn’t affected.
Running restaurants is hard, at OpsAnalitica, we are about helping senior management make that job a little easier for their teams.
To learn more about the OpsAnalitica Platform, click here. See first hand how we help our customers and do it for a cost that is less than the Red Book.